Wine has been known to offer many great health benefits. Everything from lower the risk of a stroke to reducing the risk of heart disease have been associated with drinking a glass of wine a day. There are so many different types of wine that even those who might think they don’t like wine will probably find one they enjoy, even if you just use it to make ice cubes for a slushy drink.
1. Chardonnay is a very popular wine. It was also the most popular white grape wine all the way through the 1990’s. This wine is more velvet and more wider bodied than other types of the dry whites. It is rich in citrus flavor (those citruses being lemon and grapefruit). But it also has a hint of buttery flavor to it as well. This is due to it being fermented in new oak barrels which gives it a hint of toffee, coconut, toast and vanilla.
2. GEWÜRZTRAMINER is best know in Alsace, Germany but can also be found in New York as well as on the west coast. Also a white wine it tends to offer a wide variety of taste. It also is very aromatic. The taste can be described as fruity as it does have a peach flavor but it also smells of rose petals and has a flavor of allspice and lychee as well. This wine has a reputation of not being quite as refreshing as other dry white wines. But it does pair well with pork and sausages which is one reason for its popularity.
3. Merlot is very common and also a very popular red wine. This wine is known for its softness and easy drink-ability. This is quite commonly an introduction wine for new red wine drinkers. This wine has an herbal as well as a black cherry flavors. What is great about this wine is that it pairs well with everything. This red wine has gained it’s popularity all throughout the West Coast as well as Australia.
4. Pinot Noir, another popular red wine has a taste that can be described as fresh and delicate. The aroma of this wine is very fruity offering a mixture of plum, cherry and strawberry. Sometimes even offering hints of leather, or tea leaf as well. Pinor Noir is also difficult to grow. It is one of the noblest of wines, grown in France with no roughness to it’s taste.
5. Another of the white wines is Sauvignon Blanc. This is made in New Zealand and they are known to produce so fantastic Sauvignon Blancs. There is also a warmer variety which is grown in Australia but it tends to lack fruit qualities and be a bit flat in taste. The New Zealand variety however is lighter than Chardonnay. Sauvignon Blanc has a more herbal taste which offers a taste of bell peppers. But the herbal flavors are not the dominating of the flavors, the flavors that dominate include black currant, mango, gooseberry, tropical melon, sour apple and pear. This wine is unique because of the many flavors sometimes even offering a smokey quality and a bit of a strong acid finish.
Of course there are many many versions of wines all throughout the world. This just happen to be a few of the most popular. This doesn’t even begin to cover everything as there are over 10,000 varieties of wine grapes in the world. With that being said, certainly there must be a wine out there for everyone’s taste.